WHAT PROTEIN SOURCE CAN HELP BURN FAT AND HELP INCREASE THYROID FUNCTIONING?
As coaches and athletes, we constantly research nutritional strategies to get leaner without adding stress to the body.
Our ProComp Pro-Metabolic nutrition system not only balances hormones but it also improves metabolic rate that increases fat burning. The thyroid gland regulates all of the body’s systems from weight loss, metabolism, food sensitivities, fatigue, depression, cellulite, PMS, autoimmune health, mental acuity, quality of sleep and much, much more. All of our ProMetabolic meal plans are designed using Pro-thyroid food. This approach delivers awesome results!!!
There are so many factors that can wreak havoc with thyroid gland functioning and heath. I have recently published a blog recently that identifies some of the more common factors that down-regulate metabolic rate.
I have attached the link below:
There are also so many foods we eat that are healthy. Research shows that some of these “healthy foods” actually down-regulate metabolic rate. We have created the 12-week Pro-Metabolic Meal plans with this all in mind. Each of the plans is completely comprised of foods that are designed to keep your metabolism up regulated whilst balancing hormones. This means that you stay healthy and lose weight more efficiently.
SO LETS GET TO IT……..WHAT DO WE CONSIDER THE BEST PROTEIN SOURCE?
Shellfish is considered top of our list. This include oysters, crabs, shrimps, clams, mussels, prawns, lobster and scallops. We consider these protein sources the very best option of foods that support thyroid gland health and stimulate metabolism. These foods are extremely rich sources of selenium, iron and iodine. All of these nutrients are essential for normal thyroid gland functioning and hormone production.
Selenium is highly concentrated in the thyroid gland. It is an essential part of the enzyme that facilitates the conversion of T4 to T3. T4 is the inactive form of thyroid hormone and T3 is the active form of thyroid hormone. Both T4 and the efficient conversion to T3 is necessary to boost metabolism.
The iodine is found in seawater fish is another great source of this nutrient. An iodine deficiency causes the thyroid gland to swell, a condition called goiter.
Iodine found in seawater fish is a great source of selenium. Research studies have people living in remote areas with no access to the sea or seawater produce is at risk of goiter.
“The most convincing evidence we have for thyroid gland problems is the absence of adequate nutrition,”Salvatore Caruana, MD, the director of the division of head and neck surgery in the department of otolaryngology-head and neck surgery at Columbia Doctors.
One 100g serving of baked cod contains about 117.8 micrograms of iodine — or 78.5% of your daily recommended intake.
Shellfish such as shrimp, prawns and oysters contain an abundant supply of copper.
“A deficiency of copper causes our tissues to retain an excess of iron and too much iron down-regulates metabolic rate.”http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/iron-dangers.shtml
Research clearly concludes that the more servings of sea water fish, the easier it is to lose weight and improve heath. This includes a healthier heart, lower blood pressure, and reduced risk of stroke, depression, Alzheimer’s and other chronic diseases.
Seawater fish that includes healthy fat, a balanced amino acids profile, lean protein; Vitamin D and selenium are very powerful and hugely beneficial. Most of the American, Australia and European heath organizations are recommending seawater fish at least twice a week.
Reports constantly published in the media communicate concerns about the environmental impact and contamination with mercury. Scientific evidence still concludes that eating fish is beneficial for your health and is the opposite of toxic reports.
What is the best fish to buy? We recommend the following:
- CANNED TUNA: Versatile and nutritious. One can has just 100 calories for 22 grams of protein, half of your daily vitamin D, and an entire day worth of the essential nutrient selenium. As a prime source of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), canned light tuna is one of the healthiest fish to eat that will slim down your belly! One study in “PLoS One” concluded that the fats found in tuna had the profound ability to switch off abdominal fat genes. This is awesome as it prevents fat cells in the belly expanding in size.
What about mercury? Mercury levels in tuna vary according to each species of tuna. As a generalized rule, the larger and leaner the fish, the higher the mercury level. Bluefin and albacore rank among the most toxic according to the Environmental Defense Fund. In contrast, canned chunk light tuna that is harvested from the smallest fish is considered a “low mercury fish”.
- BARRAMUDI. This is also called Asian sea bass or giant perch. This is very similar to Chilean sea bass and tastes excellent steamed, baked, broiled or blackened. A 120g fillet contains 140 calories and 35 grams of protein, plus selenium, zinc, and other vitamins and minerals.
- TIAPIA. A mild tasting and is economically priced. One cooked tilapia fillet has a third of the daily vitamin D at just 110 calories.
- COD. A 100g portion of cooked cod has 15 to 20 grams of protein. It has less than 90 calories and only 1 gram of fat. I attach an interesting study below: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19356912 It concluded the following: Eating five servings of cod per week for 8 weeks within a low-calorie diet for eight resulted in an additional 3.8 pounds of weight loss when compared to a diet with the same amount of calories not containing fish. A second study listed here at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16482079 has concluded that people consumed 11% less at dinner after eating cod for lunch when compared to those eating a beef lunch. Researchers attribute the satiating and slimming properties to cod’s high protein content and amino acid profile. It is this profile that assists regulating metabolism.
- PERCH, BASS AND RAINBOWN TROUT
If you enjoy shellfish or seafood here is a good reason to indulge. They are sensational sources of food that support thyroid gland health, improve metabolism and stimulates fat loss. These are exactly the reasons why they are an integral part of ProComp Pro-Metabolic meal plans.
We love to hear from anyone that has any feedback or questions so please do not hesitate to send us a message if you want recommendations about our meal plans.
Subscribe to Blog
Are you ready to shred fat & get healthy?
Start today on your 16 or 8 week online fat loss program