IF NOT…THIS IS A LIST EVERYONE SHOULD READ AND THIS IS WHY WE INCLUDE THESE FOOD IN ALL OUR MEAL PLANS!!!!
We work with many extraordinary people that have spent years on strict fitness diets or fad diets in order to lose weight. Cutting out fruit, cutting out diary, keeping carbs low and calories down. Sure….sometimes this approach works, but unless your diet focuses on HEALTH and BALANCE it may work for a short while and then leave you in a worse place.
IT IS OUR OPINION THAT WHAT YOU EAT ABSOLUTELY IMPACTS HOW YOU LOOK, FEEL AND HOW YOU AGE.
Our Pro-Metabolic meal plans get amazing results as they are balanced and rich in ALL vitamins and minerals. We create healthy, energised, hormonally balanced, metabolically active bodies that burn fat effortlessly and feel great because our meal plans have been specifically created to include all the vitamins and minerals our bodies need, Most fitness diets these days restrict what is absolutely essential for our good health Restrictive diets are not the answer, they work until they stop working.
I have composed a brief list of why we include certain less popular foods in our Pro-Metabolic meal plans……and all these foods are rich in nutrients and nourishing to the body. I would include all these foods in every bikini diet, beach body diet or fitness model diet I write.
BECAUSE ALL ESSENTIAL NUTRIENTS ARE NEEDED CONSTANTLY.
All essential nutrients are needed constantly to prevent deterioration of the body and to ensure steady fat loss and hormonal balance. All nutrients work together hence all the ProComp Pro-Metabolic meals plans include a variety of foods at each meal. Low calorie diets rob the body of vitamins and minerals.
AS YOU READ THIS LIST YOU WILL SEE WHY PRO-METABOLIC EATING CREATES INCREDIBLY HEALTHY ENERGISED BODIES. AS METABOLISM IS INCREASED, FAT LOSS BECOMES EFFORTLESS.
If heath is the primary focus, then dieting should not be hard.
- ProComp considers eggs one of the most nutritious, perfect foods you can eat – they contain a little bit of every vitamin and mineral and also a great protein source.
- Eggs are a great source of sulphur – which is needed to synthesize joint lubrication.
- Whilst eggs are rich in cholesterol, they also contain lecithin which appears to make the cholesterol useful and prevent harm.
All ProComp meal plans include pulp free orange juice.
- Metabolic boosting – faster fat burning. OJ is great for metabolism. It contains the perfect ratio of glucose to fructose. Natural sugars are metabolic stimulators. Sugar is essential for keeping metabolism fast –http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16732081 It increases the conversion of T4 to T3 in the liver and ensures healthy thyroid functioning. Increasing metabolism is the primary mechanism which can help accelerate fat burning.
- Hormone balancing and anti-estrogen.
OJ is rich in flavonoids and antioxidants which are well known to have anti-estrogenic qualities. The flavonoid naringenin (which is found in abundance in oranges) also helps to decrease fat mass and reduces fat gain associated with excess estrogen. Research here <http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25745505> and here http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25745505
- Packed with vitamins – OJ is full of vitamins (especially vitamin C – read more about Vit C below) and it’s great for the immune system. It is high in magnesium and potassium, contains folate, thiamine and Vitamin A. Being high in citric acid, OJ helps to break down toxins like mercury.
- The body does not naturally produce Vitamin C, hence the necessity to consume it through nutrition. Two glasses of OJ a day contains more than the recommended dietary intake of Vit C.
- Blood sugar stability.
Unstable blood sugar increases likelihood of fat storage and energy slumps. OJ actually has a lower GI rating that starches such as potatoes, rice and oats. Fructose does not acutely raise blood glucose, therefore the fructose in OJ does not require insulin to shuttle into cells. The potassium in OJ helps dispose of the glucose without impacting blood sugar.
- Potassium for those who train.
When training, potassium stored in the muscle is used to meet physical demands. Sweating causes a depletion of potassium. OJ can restore potassium levels which are often depleted from training more than commercially purchased electrolyte drinks.
Pure orange juice and tropical fruit are perfect sources – all Pro-Metabolic meal plans are high in Vit C.
- Vit C Increases the structural strength of connective tissue and cell membranes. Since infections have to enter through membranes, structural integrity of cells is important to prevent infections. Vitamin C, is more concentrated in white blood cells hence another great aid to improving immunity.
- Vit Helps prevent nose bleeds, bloodshot eyes and visible blood vessels on the cheeks and nose.
- Vitamin C has also recently been proposed by researchers as playing a role in controlling the division of cells in cancer.
- Vit C can prevent heavy metal toxicity by helping solubilise and remove it.
- Vit C helps the liver deal with toxins with puffiness usually noticeable in the face in the morning.
GELATIN OR BONE BROTH
An essential daily component of ProComp’s Pro-Metabolic meal plans:
- Reduces fat storage on hips, butt and thighs. Hormonally, glycine (gelatin is high in glycine) opposes estrogen and favors progesterone sparing and that is a very good thing. Excess Estrogen is a major contributing factor to fat storage on hips, butt and thighs.
- Increases fat burning – by regulating metabolism – increases thyroid production which ensures a faster metabolism.
- Reduces and prevents cellulite. Cellulite is actually a collagen deficiency. Gelatin is a collagen protein.
- Helps maintain and build lean muscle – keeping you tighter and leaner. Gelatin is high in protein 6gms of protein per tbs. Use in place of inflammatory protein powders and to add protein to yoghurts and smoothies.
- Detoxifies your body – Glycine, an amino acid found in gelatin, assists the liver to efficiently remove toxins from our system.
- Reduces wrinkles – Gelatin stimulates your body to produce more collagen.
- Improves sleep quality and daytime focus. Research shows the amino acid glycine (high in Gelatin) increases sleep quality and reduces daytime drowsiness and improves cognitive functioning.
- An incredible digestive remedy.
- It heals & seals the gut. Bone broth provides the building blocks for the rapidly growing cells of the gut lining and has a soothing effect on any areas of inflammation in the gut. It helps restore healthy gut integrity, optimizes nutrient absorption and has been successfully used in the treatment of gastro-intestinal disorders. These include IBS, Crohn’s disease, colitis, hypo/hyperacidity, leaky gut candida and parasitic infections.
- Supports the immune system. Did you know that the gut is the body’s main immunological frontline? The immune system present in the gut makes more immunological decisions in a day than the rest of our immune system makes in a lifetime. If suffering from low immunity results in frequent infections, food intolerances or allergies are an issue then gut healing is a great place to start.
- It’s great for the skin. Rashes and skin problems like eczema, psoriasis and rosacea are immune-related and therefore directly linked to gut and digestive health. By healing the gut lining, gelatin and broth helps to balance the immune system and alleviate skin problems from the inside out.
- It’s great for arthritis and joint pain.
- It helps relieve stress and anxiety. Calming, anti-stress minerals like calcium and potassium are abundant in gelatin and bone broth and easily absorbed. Glycine acts an important inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brainstem and spinal cord exerting quieting, relaxing action and promoting natural sleep.
found in fruits, carrots, eggs and butter.
- A protein deficiency damages immunity and vitamin A can offset a protein deficiency.
- Vit A also essential for thyroid gland functioning and is involved in progesterone syntheses and hormonal balance.
- Vit A is linked to reducing the effects of estrogen related cancers.
- Coffee for fat burning. “Coffee is a potent metabolic stimulator and must be viewed as such. The caffeine in coffee is powerful and can act like the thyroid gland to increase your metabolic rate and the oxidation of sugar. This makes coffee it a health-protective food” Functional Performance Systems.
Caffeine intake is constantly associated with increased weight loss through thermogenesis and lipolysis.
Caffeine increases thermogenesis, fat oxidation and lipolysis.
Caffeine digested prior to exercise and training has been shown to help reduce fat cell size, fat cell diameters and fat pad weight. Now if that isn’t reason enough for my macchiato!
- Coffee for muscle growth.
Caffeine not only increases metabolism, but has scientifically been linked to improved endurance, performance and muscle cell activation. It does this by creating a more favorable intracellular ionic environment in active muscle. This helps facilitate more force produced by motor units.
- Caffeine and hormones.
Interestingly, coffee has been shown to reduce excess estradiol concentrations in blood serum, whereas caffeinated soda’s increase it. So choose the coffee over the diet coke.
Reducing excess estrogen, caffeine intake has also been associated with reduced breast cancer risk.
Caffeine is considered a thyroid gland supportive nutrient and has been linked to lower levels of thyroid disease along with improved liver health. Caffeine appears to reduce liver enzymes (which are associated with a damaged liver).
- Vitamins and Minerals.
Coffee contains magnesium, potassium, B1, B3, and antioxidants which help protect the body from free radical damage.
Coffee is helpful in relieving constipation due its thyroid gland supporting effects.
RIPE TROPICAL FRUIT
- Increase METABOLISM. Fat loss favours a fast metabolism. Simple. Natural sugar fuels metabolism. The liver needs sugar to convert t4 to t3. Without an adequate supply of glycogen, thyroid production slows down which downregulates metabolism. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1959197
- Faster fat burning / stable blood sugar. Insulin is not released with fructose when utilized by cells. It is in the presence of insulin that fat storage occurs.
“Fructose inhibits the stimulation of insulin by glucose, so eating sucrose in place of starch will reduce the tendency to store fat”. Dr Peat.
- More energy. A high carb diet is a high energy diet, more energy, more productivity and more focus. Cutting carbs can be exhausting and depleting. Fructose increases energy without increasing body weight.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15959424
- No sugar cravings or bingeing. When the body is feed what it needs it doesn’t crave it.
- Greater protein utilization and muscle gains.
- Greater hormone balance. When the body is deprived of sugars…. the very fuel it needs…. stress hormones are triggered that results in cortisol and adrenaline being released. High cortisol results in the unfavorable hormonal balance of low progesterone and high estrogen.
- No bloating.
Fruits are single sugar molecules so do not require the digestive strength or enzymes that complex carbs require. They are easy and quick to digest, in and out without sitting or fermenting in the intestine. Slowly absorbing foods causes bloating, gas or digestive issues.
Contains natural seep inducers. We recommend adding 2-3 tbs of raw honey to provide magnesium as well as simple sugar to increase the liver stored glycogen. This is so that blood sugar levels do not drop. Most people with sleep issues have low blood sugar and adrenalin. This causes people to wake as the body commences processes to raise the sugar levels.
Found in cheese, milk, yoghurt and even natural ice cream. All of these foods are included in ProComp’s Pro-Metabolic meal plans.
- Calcium plays an essential role in increasing metabolism and fat burning. Cheese is a wonderful source of calcium. As concluded by Dr. Ray Peat an esteemed endocrinologist, “Calcium inhibits the fat-forming enzymes, fatty acid synthase, reducing the formation of fats and at the same time it activates the uncoupling proteins in the mitochondria…. Calcium increases the metabolic rate, the uncoupling proteins burn calories faster while they protect against free-radical oxidations.”
scroll through our blog or contact us if you have any questions we would be most delighted to provide you with recomendations
Subscribe to Blog
Are you ready to shred fat & get healthy?
Start today on your 16 or 8 week online fat loss program